Friday, August 24, 2007

Boxes of snails and teenage mutant ninja turtles

I don't know about you, but I used to be into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Stoked on them. I remeber one christmas when my brother and (does anyone else constantly accidently spell nad instead of the word and?? This also happens with the word rafting...I always end up telling people that I am going farting this weekend.) I got these new TMNT action figures, the kind with snap action in them. It was awesome. You could pull back on the arm and WHAAAPPO!!! it'd nock stuff to the floor.

My brother and I constantly have the same exact thought at the same exact time, even to this day. This particulare Christmas mornings was one of those times. Immediately we both bolted into the front yard/street/court/field to find as many snails as we could manage to carry home. Those poor, slimy bastards. We got maybe two or three dozen and piled them up in the walk way to our front door. We proceeded to empty the salt shaker on these guys and have our Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles beat the hell out of them with their whip-snap action toys. I forget wich ones we had. I think I was Donnatello and my brother was Raphael....or something. It was such a mess...a sad, evel, sick mess. That was a fun Christmas morning.

Oh, and then there was the one time I had the awesome idea to just collect snails. I don't know what I was thinking. Seriously...what was I thinking. Whatever it was I was determined to fill a shoe box full of snails and stash them in my closet for later use. Needless to say the box tipped and they got loose. I don't remember much of what happened, just what my mom has told me. Apperently I went running to her yelling that there were bugs all over my room. She said that she didn't believe me (I had a habit of saying that there were bugs all over my room...seriously). Anyway, reluctantly, she came and opened my door. She said that she was breathless. There were snails everywhere. Like, everywhere everywhere.

So...well, I guess I don't have a point....or maybe my point is that if you are going to collect things that can escape your evil little tallons make sure you put them in something with a lid...a tight lid.

2 comments:

BB said...

You know that torturing animals is one of the hallmark signs of sociopathy in later life, right? God.

Dimitri said...

My brother and I got it bad...